Event: Absentee Ballot Collection at U.S. Embassy Accra
You can now drop off your voter request form and/or absentee ballot at the U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana.
You can learn more about the entire state and jurisdiction-specific absentee voting process, research candidates, and request your absentee ballot at the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s website at www.FVAP.gov. We encourage you to submit your voter request form and absentee ballot electronically, if permitted by your local election officials. If you are required to return paper forms and ballots to local election officials by mail, you may now do so through the U.S. Embassy in Accra:
- Beginning Tuesday, July 21, 2020, a secure ballot box will be available outside the U.S. Embassy Consular Section entrance on Fifth Link Road (between Fourth and Second Circular Roads) in Cantonments, Accra, every Tuesday and Thursday between 8:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- For public health considerations, ballots cannot be dropped off outside of these specified times.
- All submitted ballots and voter forms MUST be sealed in a postage paid return envelope or in an envelope bearing sufficient domestic U.S. postage and addressed to the relevant local election authority.
- The U.S. Embassy in Accra is committed to protecting the integrity of your vote. The ballot box will be locked and secured to prevent tampering.
- Please note that the embassy is still on maximum telework and closed to the public. No one will be permitted to enter the embassy.
Mailing times can vary from overseas. Please drop off your ballot or voting forms early enough to ensure they can arrive at your local election authority on time. You may also consider returning your voter request form and absentee ballot via a private courier or international mail service if the deadline for return of your absentee ballot is nearing.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit www.FVAP.gov for information on absentee voting.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on voting information.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444