There is a large demonstration planned for the morning of Thursday, February 10, 2022 that will begin in Obra Spot in Kwame Nkrumah Circle and proceed to Jubilee House and Parliament House. Significant disruptions in road and pedestrian traffic and considerable police presence are expected.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the area; exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Plan for alternate travel routes.
- Comply with all police and security service instructions.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.