Event: Voting Information for U.S. Elections
All U.S. citizens can receive their blank absentee ballots electronically. Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are eligible to vote, you may get your absentee ballot by email, fax, or internet download. To start, go to the Federal Voting Assistance Program website at http://www.fvap.gov or visit our website at https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/voting/.
Absentee ballot collection at U.S. Embassy Accra is currently suspended due to COVID-19. We will notify U.S. citizens when we are again able to accept absentee ballots at the Embassy. See FVAP.gov/COVID-19 for additional information, updates, and links to jurisdiction-specific COVID-19 election impacts.
You cannot register to vote or vote at the U.S. Embassy, nor do we supply the forms necessary to request an absentee ballot from your last place of residence. Please visit the FVAP website for information about absentee voting, including how to download, fill in, and send the absentee ballot request form to the appropriate address. For quick answers, consult the FVAP’s Voting FAQ. Some jurisdictions allow you to return your completed absentee ballot electronically and others do not. If the jurisdiction where you vote requires you to return paper voting forms or absentee ballots to local election officials by mail, you can do so through international mail or professional courier service. You may want to consider returning your absentee ballot via a private courier service or international mail if the deadline for return of your absentee ballot is near.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.