Location: Accra, Ghana
A large demonstration is expected to take place in Accra tomorrow, February 4, with participants gathering as early as 6:00 a.m. The route is unconfirmed but could cover a large part of central Accra. Please plan accordingly and follow media reports for more updated information.
Be advised that any demonstration, even one that is expected to be peaceful (such as this one), is volatile and can become confrontational at any moment.
The Embassy will continue to monitor the situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for Ghana
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.