Event: Announcements for Future Special Commercial Flights Departing Ghana
While Ghana’s borders remain closed to normal international air travel, there are a number of upcoming special commercial flight options open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) who wish to depart Ghana.
The U.S. Embassy will no longer send an individual alert message for each upcoming special commercial flight. Instead, interested U.S. citizens and LPRs should check the “Transportation Options” section of the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information Page for a list of known upcoming special commercial flight options.
These special commercial flights are not U.S. Government-chartered or -funded flights. The embassy is neither arranging nor purchasing tickets for private U.S. citizens or LPRs, and takes no responsibility for the ticketing process. Interested individuals should contact the airlines directly to book tickets.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana, including information on upcoming departing flights.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444