Event: Ethiopian Airlines Special Commercial Flight to the United States (Thursday, August 13, 2020)
Ethiopian Airlines has informed the U.S. Embassy in Accra that the airline will be running a special commercial flight on Thursday, August 13, 2020, from Kotoka International Airport direct to Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, with onward connection options to the United States.
This flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) seeking to depart from Ghana. However, this is not a U.S. Government-chartered or -funded flight. The embassy is neither arranging nor purchasing tickets for private U.S. citizens or LPRs, and takes no responsibility for the ticketing process. Interested individuals should contact Ethiopian Airlines directly to obtain additional information:
Ethiopian Airlines City Ticket Office
Cocoa House Ground Floor, Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Accra, Ghana
+233 24 242 6303 and +233 30 266 4856/7/8
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444