Location: Sogakope, Ghana
The U.S. Embassy in Accra is monitoring media reports about the possibility of protests in Sogakope, Volta Region, Ghana. The protests could potentially block the main highway linking the Greater Accra Region and parts of the Volta Region through Sogakope as well as other major roads. Sogakope serves as a primary route to and from Togo. Travel in this area may be disrupted in the coming days.
Be advised that any protests are volatile and can become confrontational at any moment.
The Embassy will continue to monitor the situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for Ghana
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Department of State Worldwide Caution