June 29, 2022
Event: Protests are taking place Wednesday, June 29, 2022, in the vicinity of El-Wak stadium, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Liberation Road, Jubilee House, and the Ministry of Finance. Significant police presence and traffic disruptions are expected.
Read the entire Ghana Travel Advisory here.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and leave the area if unexpectedly in the vicinity of protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
Please follow the links or call the numbers below for consular assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
U.S. Embassy Ghana Website
- Country Information Page for Ghana
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)