Location: Accra, Ghana
Event: Planned march in Accra – July 6, 2021
We are aware of a march planned on Tuesday, July 6, 2021. The activity is likely to draw a large crowd and disrupt traffic. Considerable police presence and heavy congestion are expected along the planned route, beginning from Accra Mall at 6 am and then moving south towards Parliament House throughout the day.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Plan for alternate travel routes.
- Comply with all police and security service instructions.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288