November 4, 2022
Event: The embassy is aware of a demonstration planned for Saturday, November 5, 2022. The march is expected to start at 7:00 a.m. at Kwame Nkrumah Circle and end at Black Star Square at approximately 1:00 p.m. Significant police presence and traffic disruptions are anticipated along the route.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and leave the area if unexpectedly in the vicinity of protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Read the entire Ghana Travel Advisory
- See the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens