Event: Protests are planned in Accra for Tuesday, June 28, and Wednesday, June 29, 2022, in the vicinity of Ring Road, Jubilee House, Obra Spot Kwame Nkrumah Circle, Independence Square, and the Arko Adjei Interchange. Significant police presence and traffic disruptions are expected.
Read the entire Ghana Travel Advisory here.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and leave the area if unexpectedly in the vicinity of protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
Please follow the links or call the numbers below for consular assistance.