APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 13
In Ghana, the Fulbright Foreign Student Program (Fulbright FSP) focuses on the academic and professional development of staff, junior faculty, and administrators employed in the following types of institutions: tertiary, research, or government. This includes and is not limited to junior faculty, research assistants, assistant lecturers, technicians supporting classroom instruction, administrators, researchers, and lecturers. The Fulbright FSP grants up to two years of funding toward a master’s or doctoral degree in the United States. Preference is given to applicants applying for their first master’s degree. National Service Personnel are not eligible.
- Employed at a tertiary, research, or governmental institution
- Ghanaian citizen and resident of Ghana
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree holder
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- High motivation and serious commitment to completing the program and returning to Ghana to apply knowledge at home institution or other institutions in-country
- High prospects of receiving study leave from applicant’s employer
All Fulbright FSP applicants are expected to study for the TOEFL and GRE or GMAT exams before, during, and after submitting the application. Finalists must be prepared to take ALL applicable standardized tests soon after interviews. The exam fees will be paid for by the program for finalists only.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete online graduate school application via: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear back about your application, then you may revise your application and apply the next year.
Women, individuals from rural areas, under-presented groups including persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (reasonable accommodation will be provided for individuals with disabilities.) Please send your inquiry to AccraExchange@state.gov.