The U.S. Mission to Ghana includes more than 150 U.S. and 500 locally engaged staff employed by 13 U.S. government departments and agencies.
The U.S. Mission provides the following services:
- We represent the people of the United States, the U.S. government, and the President and his policies.
- We protect and promote U.S. interests, such as the safety and welfare of U.S. citizens in Ghana.
- We encourage and facilitate trade between the United States and Ghana.
- We sponsor educational exchanges and counsel students seeking to enroll at U.S. universities.
- We issue visas for travel to the United States.
- We support Ghana through partnership programs in a number of areas including health, education, economic development, agriculture, combating terrorism, building democracy and helping to assure regional stability.