Last updated: March 2, 2023
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions .
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? Yes
– All travelers 18 years and older are required to present a COVID vaccination certificate.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes, if not fully vaccinated and able to present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate and for those travelling to Ghana from China.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes, passengers must complete a Port Health Declaration Form at https://www.ghs-hdf.org before departure. Passengers are subject to medical screening upon arrival.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- See Ghana Accredited COVID-19 Testing Laboratories | Ghana (ghanahealthservice.org) for a list of labs in Ghana that are certified by the Ghana Ministry of Health to test for COVID-19.
- Nyaho Medical Centre, MDS Lancet, Akai House Clinic, and Noguchi Memorial Advanced Research Laboratory offer fee-based COVID-19 testing with a 24- to 48-hour turnaround time. Fees vary per institution and are not covered by the Government of Ghana. On average, testing fees range from 450-550 Ghana cedis. Expedited processing is available for an additional fee, typically ranging from 650-750 GHC total. No-cost testing is available at Government of Ghana public hospitals listed in the Local Resources section below, however turnaround times can vary.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Ghana for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Ghana? Sputnik V, Covishield TM, Jassen, Moderna, Pfizer
- See https://ghanahealthservice.org/covid19/downloads/vaccine_administration.pdf for location information from the Ghana Health Service about deployment of the vaccine.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The Government of Ghana has set up two phone numbers for questions regarding COVID-19: +233 50 949 7700 and +233 55 843 9868. The Ghana Health Service maintains a website tracking the current number of local cases: https://ghs.gov.gh/covid19/
- Is a curfew in place? No.
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No.