Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana (April 15, 2020)
Event: Final U.S. Repatriation Flight Departed Ghana
Today, the U.S. Embassy facilitated the repatriation of 300 Americans to the United States. At this time, we do not anticipate that there will be additional charter flights organized from Ghana to the United States.
In the event future charter flights become available, please complete the information in this form for each traveler wishing to depart Ghana. You must complete a form for EACH intended traveler, including children and non-U.S. citizen accompanying family members. If you have already submitted this form to provide your information to the U.S. Embassy, you do not need to do so again. We have automatically retained your information, and will contact you if future flights become available.
U.S. citizens remaining in Ghana should be prepared to shelter in place for the foreseeable future.
We encourage all Americans in Ghana to follow the Government of Ghana’s directives as part of their effort to “flatten the curve.”
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media outlets.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Review the President of Ghana’s update on the restrictions of movement.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the virus.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for Ghana
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook