Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
Event: Information for U.S. Citizens Regarding Potential U.S. Embassy Repatriation Flights from Ghana
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. We recognize this has been a challenging period for many of our fellow Americans, particularly those of you seeking to depart Ghana after the closure of Ghana’s borders and cessation of all regularly scheduled passenger traffic on international flights both in and out of Kotoka International Airport in Accra.
The Embassy continues to work with U.S. Government agencies in the United States as well as with the government of Ghana to ensure we can render the best possible assistance to U.S. citizens at this time.
All U.S. citizens who are interested in the possibility of a chartered repatriation flight to the United States MUST complete the online request form available here, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT YOUR DETAILS TO US AT ACSACCRA@STATE.GOV. Please note that a separate request form must be completed for each individual traveler.
Space on any potential future flights will be based on the order in which we receive requests, with consideration given to special needs cases. In order to provide appropriate information and assistance in response to the thousands of inquiries we are receiving, we ask that you please not call or email the Embassy to confirm receipt of your request. We will contact you if a flight is arranged and you are confirmed for a seat on one of these flights. Unless you receive an email from the U.S Embassy in Accra confirming your flight, please do not come to the Embassy or go to the airport in Accra.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444