Event: Update on Special Repatriation Flight from Ghana to the United States
Yesterday, the U.S. Embassy in Accra sent out confirmation and standby emails for seats on a special chartered repatriation flight to the United States. Only those passengers with email confirmations will be permitted to enter the airport. If you have not received official instructions from the Embassy, please do not come to the airport in Accra.
The Embassy is continuing its efforts to facilitate the repatriation of U.S. citizens who wish to depart Ghana at this time. We will continue to use the online request form available here to register U.S. citizens who are interested in any potential future flights. If you are interested in a future flight and have not yet done so, please complete the request form (one submission per individual traveler). You do not need to complete the form again if you have already submitted it – we have your information and will confirm seats in the order we receive requests, with special consideration given based on need and availability.
We recognize this has been a challenging period for many of our fellow Americans, particularly those of you seeking to depart Ghana after the closure of Ghana’s borders and cessation of all regularly scheduled passenger traffic on international flights both in and out of Accra. We will release updated information on the situation in Ghana and our emergency services efforts as it becomes available.
All U.S. citizens in Ghana are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and monitor the Embassy’s website and social media feeds for the latest available information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for Ghana
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook