The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Travel Health Notice due to COVID-19, indicating a moderate level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Ghana.
Read the entire Travel Advisory here.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
o Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
o Email: ACSAccra@state.gov
- U.S. Embassy Ghana Website
- Country Information Page for Ghana
- State Department – Consular Affairs
o 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)