Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana (May 12, 2020)
Event: Updated Repatriation Flight Information
The U.S. Embassy in Accra is aware that there are U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents who are still interested in a U.S. Government chartered repatriation flight to the United States. While we continue to explore every option to bring Americans home, the Embassy does not have any additional repatriation flights scheduled currently. All U.S. citizens in Ghana should prepare to remain in Ghana until commercial air travel resumes.
All U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents who are interested in a potential chartered repatriation flight to the United States must complete the online request form available here. If you have already completed the form, DO NOT submit a new one. Please do not email the Embassy to confirm receipt of your request. We will contact potential passengers if and when space on additional flights becomes available. Unless you receive an email from the U.S Embassy in Accra, using an email address ending in @state.gov providing specific instructions, please do not come to the Embassy or go to the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Monitor local media outlets.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure, and his speech announcing the extended ban on public gatherings.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook