Event: Updated Repatriation Flight Information
Currently, there are no U.S. Government-chartered or -funded repatriation flights scheduled, nor is the U.S. Embassy in Accra aware of any other flight opportunities to the United States. The U.S. Embassy in Accra is aware that there are U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) who are still interested in returning to the United States. While we continue to explore every option to help Americans return home, Ghana’s land, sea, and air borders remain closed to human traffic until further notice, and commercial air travel is not available. All U.S. citizens and LPRs in Ghana should prepare to remain in Ghana until commercial air travel resumes.
The only reliable source of information about U.S. Government-chartered repatriation flights is the U.S. Embassy in Accra. To ensure you receive the latest travel, health, and safety alerts from the embassy, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Unless you receive an email from the embassy, using an email address ending in @state.gov providing specific instructions, please do not come to the embassy or go to the airport.
All U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents who are interested in future embassy-organized repatriation flights who have not already done so, please complete this form for yourself and each family member traveling with you. This will ensure we have the correct information no notify you in the event a repatriation flight becomes available. I f you have already completed the form, we have your information and there is no need to submit it again. Please do not email the embassy to confirm receipt of your request. We will contact potential passengers if and when space on any additional flights becomes available.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444