Location: All regions of Ghana
Event: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 travel notice for travelers to Ghana due to a polio outbreak. CDC recommends that travelers practice enhanced precautions. The full notice can be read here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/alert/polio-ghana.
Actions to Take:
- All travelers to Ghana should be vaccinated fully against polio.
- Before traveling to Ghana, adults who completed their routine polio vaccine series as children should receive a single, lifetime adult booster dose of polio vaccine.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page for travelers to Ghana to learn more.
- U.S. Embassy in Accra, located at No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
- +233 30 2741 000 (normal business hours)
- +233 30 2741 775 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ghana Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates