Event: Repatriation Information Update – Trusted Sources of Information
We ask all U.S. citizens to please pay attention only to authoritative sources of information, such as U.S. Embassy messages (like this one), our website, and our official social media feeds (links below) for the most current and accurate information regarding our chartered repatriation planning. Unofficial social media platforms, word-of-mouth, well-meaning friends, and other forms of secondhand information are often unreliable, containing inaccurate information about the Embassy’s ongoing efforts to facilitate the return to the United States of U.S. citizens seeking to depart Ghana. Please encourage concerned friends and family to visit our website to confirm the validity of any information they may have heard. The U.S. Embassy has notified all STEP enrollees and those who have emailed their desire to return to the United States with information on requesting space on any future chartered repatriation flights. If you have not already, please enroll yourself in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest restrictions on travel to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for Ghana
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook