Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
Event: Ghana’s Health Resources
The U.S Embassy’s highest priority is the safety and security of U.S. citizens in Ghana. While we work to facilitate repatriation flights for U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States, we would like to call your attention to the COVID-19-related health resources available in Ghana. If you believe that you or someone you know has been exposed to coronavirus or are showing symptoms of the disease, please follow the guidance provided by the Ghana Health Service.
- The Government of Ghana has set up two phone numbers for questions regarding coronavirus: 050 949 7700 & 055 843 9868. Please call these numbers to learn where you can be tested.
- Ridge Hospital and Tema General Hospital have been designated as COVID-19 treatment centers. The Government of Ghana is currently expanding to Ga East Hospital to further support COVID-19 isolation/treatment of confirmed cases.
- The Ghana Health Service maintains a COVID-19 information website with useful information.
In addition to local resources, we also recommend the following:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the virus.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Information for Ghana
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook