Location: Tema, Ghana
Event: The Ghana Health Service (GHS) has confirmed the first recorded case of Lassa fever in the country since 2011. The case was confirmed at the Tema General Hospital. Lassa fever is a rare but potentially life-threatening viral hemorrhagic disease.
Actions to Take:
· Consult a medical professional if you have been in direct contact with an infected person within the past three weeks and have symptoms of Lassa fever.
· Visit CDC’s website on Lassa fever.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Country Information for Ghana
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates