If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country AND a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you are cleared to travel).
Same day results are available at numerous COVID-19 testing sites in Ghana. Humanitarian exemptions to this Order will be granted on an extremely limited basis.
Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and train stations.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Email: ACSAccra@state.gov
- U.S. Embassy Ghana Website
- Country Information Page for Ghana
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)