The U.S. Embassy in Accra reminds U.S. citizens that The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will host a webinar “Foreign Earned Income for U.S. Overseas Taxpayers” on June 29, 2016, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT. To register and attend this webinar, use the Foreign Earned Income for U.S. Overseas Taxpayers webinar link available at:www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/15416. Attendees should log in 10 minutes prior to the start time. The session will be recorded and made available at a later time on www.irsvideos.gov.
The webinar will cover:
- Requirements for claiming the foreign income exclusion
- Identifying which form to use: Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
- Specifying information to include on Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
- Live Q&A with IRS subject matter experts.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Ghana.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Accra, located at No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra; mailing address: P.O. Box 194 Cantonments, Accra, Ghana, and is open Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- You may also call +233 30 2741 000 during normal business hours or during after-hour emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
NOTE: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.