Notification of Funding Opportunity – PD Small Grants 2015
The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Office, through the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), invites creative proposals that promote HIV/AIDS prevention and/or education through outreach and information sharing activities.
Project proposals are being accepted now through Friday, June 26, 2015.
PEPFAR-funded Public Affairs grants aim to: include, engage, inform and educate Ghanaians, especially key or most at risk populations such as persons living with HIV/AIDS, men who have sex with men, transgendered person, and sex workers about HIV/AIDS thereby preventing its spread.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for award:
- Applicants may be entrepreneurs, communications specialists, or local non-governmental organization or members of the arts community; however, partnership with civil society organizations with proven HIV/AIDS expertise is preferred.
- Inclusion of Key population members in project proposals is preferred.
- Proposals must reach key populations in one or more of the following five (5) regions and districts: Greater Accra (Accra Metro); Eastern (New Juabeng Municipal);, Ashanti (Kumasi Metro); Brong Ahafo (Techiman Municipal); and Western Region (Sekondi Takoradi Metro).
Proposed projects should not exceed Five (5) pages and should include the following:
- Background and Experience
- Project design
- A Detailed Implementation plan
Proposed projects should be innovative, have objectives that are sound and well-thought-out, and clearly indicate the target audience. Projects focusing on prevention and anti-stigmatization with a target audience of Key Populations have priority.
Grants may be used to fund equipment only if doing so would further project objectives.
Budget requests should not exceed $ 5,000 U.S. Dollars. Applicants must have access to a bank account, as funding will be disbursed to grantees in installments by electronic bank transfer.
A complete proposal submission will consist of:
- A completed application form SF-424 (PDF 30 KB)
- The project description as outlined above.
Proposals that do not meet these requirements listed above will not be reviewed or considered.
Any questions regarding proposals may be addressed to:
Public Affairs Section-U.S. Embassy
Attention: PEPFAR Media Specialist