The U.S. Embassy in Accra informs U.S. citizens that Ghana Police Service (GPS) has notified the public to increase personal security and awareness in the following areas of Accra due to an uptick of criminal activity and theft:
- Graphie Road – along the flyover
- Awudome Cemetery Road
- Accra Mall Roundabout
- La Beach – on the Teshie Nungua Road
- George Walker Bush Highway (N1)
- Pokuase – Amasaman Road
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens to remain aware of your surroundings, monitor local news stations for updates, and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information forGhana.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Accra, located at No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra; mailing address: P.O. Box 194 Cantonments, Accra, Ghana, and is open Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- You may also call +232 0991 05500 during normal business hours, +232 76 912 708 during after-hours.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.