United States Embassy Accra, Ghana
The U.S. Embassy in Accra advises U.S. citizens that The Eastern Regional Police Commander warns the general public of an increase in vehicle robberies and road blocks conducted by criminal elements on a stretch of highway that links Nkawkaw to Kumasi.
The Police Commander moved additional resources to this section of the Nkawkaw to Kumasi highway in an attempt to prevent further escalation of the vehicle robberies and false roadblocks.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Ghana.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Accra, located at No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra; mailing address: P.O. Box 194 Cantonments, Accra, Ghana, and is open Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- You may also call +233 30 2741 000 during normal business hours, +233 30 2741 775 during after-hours.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.