United States Embassy Accra, Ghana
On March 15 the U.S. Department of Defense issued a travel advisory that places restrictions on unofficial, i.e., personal, travel by Department of Defense personnel to Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana and Guinea until June 30, 2016. These restrictions only apply to active duty and civilian employees of the Department of Defense. The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens the importance of practicing good security habits, to be aware of your surroundings, and to remain vigilant at all times. Please see the link below for the most updated Worldwide Caution.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Ghana.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Accra, located at No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra; mailing address: P.O. Box 194 Cantonments, Accra, Ghana, and is open Monday through Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm, and Friday 8:30am-12:30pm.
- You may also call +233 30 2741 000 during normal business hours, and +233 30 2741 775 during after-hour emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.