Event: Opening of Kotoka International Airport and Scheduling Emergency Passport Service Appointments at the U.S. Embassy
On August 30, President Akufo-Addo announced that Accra’s Kotoka International Airport will reopen for regular international passenger travel on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) interested in departing Ghana should check with the airlines for upcoming flight schedules. As outlined in the president’s speech, passengers entering and exiting Ghana by air will be subject to enhanced COVID-19 screening protocols. See the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information Page for updated information on Ghana entry, exit, and quarantine requirements.
The U.S. Embassy in Accra recognizes that many U.S. citizens in Ghana urgently need passport services to depart Ghana at the earliest opportunity. While the embassy’s consular section remains closed for routine services, U.S. citizens in need of emergency passport services can schedule an appointment via the embassy’s online scheduling system.
To schedule a passport appointment, follow this link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=ACC&appcode=1. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please check back later. Additional appointments will be made available on a weekly basis.
You can prepare for your upcoming appointment by reading the passport renewal information on our website at https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/passport-renewals/. Please note that the consular section has implemented COVID-19 related health and safety protocols that include hand washing stations, mandatory use of face coverings, and limiting the number of applicants permitted inside our customer service area at any given time.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the reopening of Accra Kotoka International Airport.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288