Event: SOLD OUT – Emirates Airlines Special Commercial Flight Departing Ghana
Emirates Airlines has informed the U.S. Embassy in Accra that the airline’s special commercial flight scheduled for Friday, July 17, 2020, is SOLD OUT. Please do not go to the Emirates Airlines ticketing offices in Accra.
Please note that this is not a U.S. Government-chartered or -funded flight. The U.S. Embassy is neither arranging nor purchasing tickets for private U.S. citizens or LPRs for this flight, and takes no responsibility for the ticketing process.
The U.S. Embassy in Accra is aware that there is still high demand for repatriation flights to the United States. We are exploring every option to help Americans return home, and will release information on any potential flight options that become available.
The U.S. Embassy does not currently have a U.S. Government-chartered repatriation flight scheduled. We recommend that all U.S. citizens in Ghana prepare to remain in Ghana until commercial air travel resumes. If you are interested in future embassy-organized repatriation flights and you have not already done so, please complete this form for yourself and each family member traveling with you. This will ensure we have the correct information in the event a repatriation flight becomes available. If you have already completed the form, we have your information and there is no need to submit it again.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
- U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.