(July 13, 2020)
Event: Emirates Airlines Special Commercial Flight Departing Ghana
Emirates Airlines has informed the U.S. Embassy in Accra that the airline will be running a special commercial flight on Friday, July 17, 2020, from Kotoka International Airport direct to Dubai International Airport. It is the embassy’s understanding from the airline that only U.S. citizens with valid U.S. passports or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) with valid residency cards (“green cards”) will be allowed to purchase tickets or board the flight. Individuals holding a U.S. visa of any type (immigrant, tourist, student, business, etc.) will not be allowed to purchase tickets.
This is not a U.S. Government-chartered or -funded flight. The U.S. Embassy is neither arranging nor purchasing tickets for private U.S. citizens or LPRs for this flight, and takes no responsibility for the ticketing process. Interested individuals should contact Emirates Airlines directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking information. Please include a contact phone number in your email.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
- Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
- To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra’s website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
+(233) 30-27-41-000 24/7 for a recorded message
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444