Passport Services

Please immediately report a lost or stolen passport to the Consular Section. Processing of emergency travel documents can begin the next business day. For routine passport renewals you may apply through the American Citizen Services office. Please allow at least three weeks.


Quick Tips

Commonly forgotten documents:

  • Original Birth Certificate or Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for the minor child
  • Correct size photo; 2×2 inch
  • Consent from the absent parent(s) for the passport issuance (DS3053). The consent should be signed in front of the notary. Copy of the ID presented to the notary should be attached to the consent. Please click [Sample Parental Consent pdf document (PDF 298KB)] for an example of a correctly completed parental consent DS-3053
  • Original, notarized Power of Attorney authorizing third party to sign passport application on behalf of the parent(s).
  • Photos over time for all children who received their first US passport under the age of 5.

Beginning January 1, 2016, the Department of State discontinued the service of adding additional visa pages to U.S. passports. For additional information, please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

Go here for important information on forms, fees and other required documentation.