The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Accra is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Callers in Ghana: +233 50 588 5956, +233 24 328 3510, +233 50 659 2787 and +233 54 671 9469
- Callers in the United States: +1 703 520 2573
- Skype name: ustraveldocs-ghana
Visiting the Embassy or Consulate
The entrance to the Consular Section is located on Fifth Link Road. Visa interviews are conducted by appointment only. Please note that only persons with a government-issued form of photo identification will be admitted to the U.S. Embassy.
As of Tuesday, February 18th, the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce certain visa applicants who have previously been issued five-year multiple entry B1/B2 visas may be eligible to renew their visas without attending an in-person interview.
This service is only available to Ghana passport holders who were at least 14 years old at the time of their last visa issuance and are renewing a five-year multiple entry B1/B2 visa.
Each individual applicant must also satisfy all the following criteria in order to qualify:
- No prior visas have been cancelled or revoked
- The previously issued B1/B2 visa has not been expired for more than 12 months and was issued in Ghana
- The applicant has never been arrested, nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States
Applicants should allow at least 14 days for the Interview Waiver process to be completed. The process is completely voluntary, and applicants can opt-out during the online application stage.
Please note that applicants who apply for the Interview Waiver process may still be required to interview in-person. To begin the application process, please visit: https://ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-visaapply.asp